Residential Energy Tax Credit

Residential Energy CreditIf you purchased and installed new energy-saving products for your home in 2016, you almost certainly qualify for a TAX CREDIT! The IRS site below has lots of information about what products qualify, but essentially if it’s energy-star rated, it probably qualifies.

  • Roof— ENERGY STAR certified metal and asphalt roofs with pigmented coatings or cooling granules designed to reduce heat gain.
  • Insulation— Typical bulk insulation products can qualify, such as batts, rolls, blow-in fibers, rigid boards, expanding spray, and pour-in-place.
  • Windows— Must be ENERGY STAR certified. Most of the windows we sell will qualify.
  • Doors— Must be ENERGY STAR certified. Most of the doors we sell will qualify.
  • Skylights— Must be ENERGY STAR certified.

The link above has full details at your fingertips, but the actual IRS form and instructions are a little more difficult to find. Here are direct links to both the Residential Energy Credit form and the accompanying instructions:

Form 5695:
Instruction for Form 5695:


Want to get a tax credit for 2017? Give us a call! 817-558-6997