1. Identify your shelter spot. It might be an interior room such as a bathroom or closet, or a dedicated storm shelter.
2. Make/check/restock your storm readiness kit, and put it in your safe spot.
3. Do an insurance checkup. Make sure both home and car insurance are current and cover storm damage.
4. Check and correct potential hazards outside your house. Trim tree branches away from the house, clear gutters, store lightweight items like plastic lawn chairs where they won’t blow into a window.
5. Make sure you can access storm-related info and alerts. What channel, radio station, etc, usually has info you need when you need it?